ABS Plastic CNC Machining Services – CNC Machined ABS Parts Manufacturer
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic material can be used both for 3D printing and CNC machining, it is known for its high machinability, low cost, and excellent mechanical properties. CNC machined ABS parts provide high toughness, impact strength, rigidity, dimensional stability, and shock absorbance characteristics. CNCJY is an experienced plastic CNC machining company, our ABS CNC machining services will fabricate ABS machined parts depending on what products you desire, some of the typical uses of CNC machining ABS products are casings, housings, and automotive parts. CNCJY is capable of manufacturing CNC milling ABS parts and CNC turning ABS parts for both needs of prototypes and small to large batch production runs. With seasoned engineers and skilled technicians, we’ll help you achieve precision ABS plastic parts with the required completion and accuracy, highest quality will be ensured as well.
Specification of CNC Machining ABS Plastic
CNCJY is a reliable CNC machining manufacturer with fully integrated equipment and machine tools, dedicated to producing quality CNC machining ABS parts with a short lead time for broad intentions.
|Properties||Good machinability and weldability, toughness and impact strength, dimensional stability, low density, good chemical resistance, electrically insulating|
|Applications||Electronic enclosures, housings, handles, structural components, covers, pipes, fittings, boxes, interior trims|
|Machining Processes||CNC Milling, CNC Turning|
|Wall Thickness||As low as 0.03”, determined by ABS type and ratios of wall thickness to planar dimensions|
|Maximum Size||Determined by machines and complexity of the part|
|Tolerances||As low as 0.010” or determined by the material|
|Lead Time||As fast as 3 days, longer for complex custom parts|
ABS Plastic Material Properties
ABS is a terpolymer made by polymerizing styrene and acrylonitrile in the presence of polybutadiene. Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene or ABS plastic is an engineering plastic for general purposes with a combination of great properties that makes it widely used. ABS offers favorable characteristics such as impact resistance, toughness, and rigidity, ABS is available in different grades, you can choose ABS and ABS Flame Retardant.
|Density||Hardness||Yield Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Elongation at Break|
|0.9 – 1.53 g/cm^3||107 Rockwell R||40.7 MPa||267 °C||53.4%|
Surface Finishes for CNC ABS Parts
The natural CNC machined ABS is block or beige, different surface finishing methods can be applied on machined or printed ABS to get custom colors and surfaces.
Painted or Grey primered
Why is ABS Plastic CNC Machined?
ABS is an ideal plastic material for CNC machining with a ton of benefits:
1) ABS has great dimensional stability, low cost, excellent impact resistance, and is easily machineable.
2) ABS is an excellent material with great impact strength and surface hardness over a wide temperature range, as well as excellent dimensional stability.
3) ABS possesses great mechanical qualities, a high impact resistance, and may be utilized at extremely low temperatures.
4) ABS is an amorphous polymer having no apparent melting point, a high viscosity upon melting, poor fluidity, and poor weatherability.
5) ABS has excellent electrical insulation and is mostly unaffected by temperature, humidity, and frequency, making it suitable for usage in the majority of settings.
6) ABS is resistant to water, inorganic salts, alkaline alcohols, hydrocarbon solvents, and many acids.
Why Choose CNCJY ABS CNC Machining Services and Parts
– High-end prototypes and functional parts with a wide range of materials and finishes
– One-stop CNC service from designs concepts to material selection to production to delivery
– Custom machined parts committed to exceeding customer’s expectations at affordable prices
– Technical support and seasoned professionals to give the most cost-effective solutions
– A combination of extensive CNC machining capabilities and advanced manufacturing facilities