Skilled and trained engineers and operators work together to finish the production cycle
A2 Tool Steel CNC Machining – CNC Machining Steel A2 Services & Parts Supplier
Tool steels are common materials of CNC machining parts like fixtures, cutting tools, and measuring tools. Based on the state-of-the-art CNC machinery and manufacturing technologies, CNCJY is able to provide precision A2 tool steel CNC machining services. Our skilled team of engineers and machinists works together to ensure the high quality of your custom A2 tool steel CNC machining parts. At Junying, you can place orders of both rapid prototyping and low to high volume production of CNC machining steel A2 parts, our ISO 9001 certificated manufacturing factory is equipped with advanced machine tools for the production of custom CNC turning A2 tool steel parts and CNC milling A2 tool steel parts. We can produce simple and complex geometries for A2 steel machined parts.
Specifications of CNC A2 Tool Steel Machining
A2 steel is a type of tool steel that contains 5% chromium, it is classified as air-hardening, cold-work steel and is known for its high toughness and dimensional stability.
|Properties||Low distortion in heat treatment, good machinability, good toughness, high abrasion resistance, and deep hardening properties|
|Applications (A2 Tool Steel CNC Parts)||Stamping dies, knurling tools, cold forming tools, spindles, shear blades, molds, punches, etc.|
|Materials||Steel, Stainless Steel, copper, zinc|
|CNC Machining Processes||CNC milling, CNC turning|
|Maximum Size||Determined by machines and complexity of the part|
|Tolerances||As low as 0.005” or ISO 2768 medium|
|Lead Time||As fast as 3 days, longer for complex custom A2 steel parts|
A2 Tool Steel Properties
A2 tool steel is an alloy of group A steels that containing molybdenum and chromium. Steel A2 offers high toughness, excellent dimensional stability and a medium wear resistance between O1 oil-hardening tool steel and D2 high-carbon, high-chromium tool steel. A2 tool steel is available in multiple forms, including rounds, flats, and squares, as well as drill rod and ground flat stock.
|Density||Hardness||Yield Strength||Young’s Modulus of Elasticity||Elongation at Break|
|0.284 lb/in^3||60 HRC||1400 MPa||200 GPa||22%|
Surface Finishing and Post Processing Options for A2 Tool Steel Machining Parts
To achieve desired look and performance, a range of metal surface finishing services at CNCJY allow us to complete the whole cycle of CNC machined A2 steel parts. Surface treatment and post-processing can also improve the ability of parts in specific applications.
Nitriding TiN coating or hard chrome plating
A2 Tool Steel CNC Machining FAQs
What is A2 Tool Steel CNC Machining?
What are Different Types of Heat Treatment for A2 Tool Steel?
– Annealing: slowly heat to 1550-1600 F, hold until the entire part has been heated, and cool to around 1000 F in the furnace. There must be sufficient precautions in place to avoid excessive carburization or decarburization.
– Forging: soak fully at 1900-2000 F, reheat if necessary, and cease operations when the temperature falls below 1650 F. Carefully cool after forging in lime, mica, or dry ash, or in a furnace. A2 must always be annealed after a forging process.
– Preheating: slowly heat to 1350-1450 F and maintain this temperature until the material is uniformly heated.
– Hardening: heat to 1750-1800 F, and hold the workpiece at the tempering temperature until it is uniformly and completely heated.
– Tempering: if maximal hardness is desired, tempering should be done between 300 and 400 F, if a lower hardness is acceptable, tempering at 950 F will provide the ideal combination of hardness and toughness.
What are the Best Cutting Speed for Steel A2 Machining?
|Process||Vc (m/min)||Vc (SFM)|
Why Should I Choose CNCJY for A2 Steel CNC Machining Services and Parts
Top-class machine shop equipped with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and software
ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance and strict inspections to achieve industry standards
Reduced time and optimized design to ensure the most cost-effective machining services
Custom A2 steel machining for manufacturing parts to meet specific requirements